We expect administrators and teachers to abide by the Test Security and Administration guidelines in the Examiner’s Manual. Therefore, if a student questions the accuracy of an item, follow the procedure outlined below.
First, to the student, repeat the information from the directions, teacher print directions, or Kite directions: “Choose the answer that you think is best. There is one correct or best answer to each question. Carefully read the question. Work the problem.” It may be appropriate in certain circumstances to tell the student or reader that their concern will be forwarded to KSDE and AAI for review and analysis.
Second, collect the following information and forward the information to the District Test Coordinator, who will then forward the information to the Kite Service Desk and KSDE.
- 1. Student ID only – Do not include the name, building, or district.State Student ID only – Do not include the name, building, or district.
- 2. Subject of the test, for example, ELA, math, science.
- 3. Session number and the item number.
- 4. Report the issue, not the item content (for example, no correct answer, multiple correct answers, A and C are both correct, a word is misspelled, the sentence is grammatically incorrect, etc.).
- 5. Do not forward the item, the item stem, any answer choices, or narrative descriptions of the item via email (these are live, secure test items).
- 6. Do not send pictures of the item.