For 10th grade mathematics assessments, students will need to change the TI-84 (graphing) calculator tool to “degree” mode. At the beginning of each testing session, please instruct students to use the following steps to change to degree mode:
- Open the TI-84 calculator tool
- Click the “Mode” button
- Arrow down twice to the word “Radian”
- Arrow right once to the word “Degree”
- Click “Enter,” and the highlighting should change from “Radian” to “Degree”
- Click “2nd” and then “Mode” to exit the menu
These steps will need to be repeated for each new testing session, as the calculator tool resets between sessions.