Based on input from the field, KAP has made some additions and updates to features found in KITE™ Educator Portal.
Usernames and Passwords Extract
Students now need a username and password to log in to KITE Client. A student's username and password is used for any test in KITE – interim or summative – and will remain unchanged throughout the year.
- A data extract called “Student User Id/Password” is available for download by District Test Coordinators, technology directors, and building principals, which provides a list of student usernames and passwords, filterable by a number of criteria. Click on the Reports menu as shown in the image below to access this extract
- Filters, shown in the second image below, can help personnel retrieve usernames and passwords in convenient groupings. Individual criteria may be selected or leave blank. Clicking the Ok button will generate a CSV report customized to the selected criteria
Daily Access Codes (DACs)
Test tickets have been replaced by Daily Access Codes. DACs are the same for all students in a grade, content area, and stage.
- DACs are available to most users under the Test Coordination tab of Educator Portal
- Choose View Daily Access Code from the Select Action menu, as shown in the image below
- DACs are retrievable the day before testing (beginning at 2:30 p.m.) and during the entire day of testing
- DACs are available for download in PDF or CSV format
- Each day's daily access code will expire at 5 p.m. If a student does not finish a stage/part and needs to finish the test on the following day, the student will need to use the new DAC for that next day
Edit, 02/08: This post has been updated to reflect the Educator Portal roles capable of accessing these new features. A previous version of this post incorrectly stated some roles' permissions.